Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tooth #12 ... Finally!

Henry's 12th tooth finally cut through today.  Yay!  This kid has been biting everything in sight me and his legs included, but thankfully not the cat, for months now.  I was sure he was cutting another molar since he enjoys chewing his entire hand after sticking it as far back in his mouth as possible without gagging.  Nope, just the last front bottom tooth.  He'd looked a bit lopsided for months ... a cute lopsided, though.

I don't expect any relief for him, though, as he's drooling like crazy today and still biting the furniture ...  Where are those molars?

Off on another work trip tomorrow.  Henry will be staying with my parents the week between trips and I'm looking forward to some time to myself.  Not that I'll get to relax.  Nope.  I've got too many things around the house that need to get done.  I'm not feeling the least bit guilty about him staying with my parents for a week.  I see many fellow moms with kids his age get so upset over having to spend a work day away from their kids.  Am I just strange?  I know he is comfortable with my parents and he is never phased by my leaving to go anywhere without him.  Plus he'll spend lots of time with his cousins which he enjoys.  I think the biggest difference is that as an SMC with no family nearby I can't just send him to his grandparents' house when I need to get something done.  Aside from day care where I go he goes.  And as much as I love him I do need some time by myself.  I'm really looking forward to getting to sleep as long as I want.  I certainly don't get the benefit of a partner taking care of Henry on one weekend morning every week like some couples I know.  I'd love to have that option!  Just one day a week.  And this from me sitting here in my pajamas at nearly 11:30 am because I'm still waiting for Henry to go down for a nap so I can shower ... Oh what a glamorous life I lead.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment