Monday, October 10, 2011

Long Weekend

Just dropping in to let my readers know that this was the Thanksgiving long weekend in Canada.  I left on another business trip Saturday night allowing me to sleep in 2 days in a row without having to do much of anything.  Okay, I had to pop 4 pumpkin pies in the oven over at my sister's place but that was about it.  And if the AC flight attendants strike Thursday or Friday there might not be enough time for the feds to pass back to work legislation before my Saturday flights.  So at this point I'm not quite sure if I'll be getting home this weekend or not.  We'll just sit on it and wait.

I met a due date buddy from FF on Saturday morning.  We signed up to do a 'virtual' baby shower but it turns out we're in the same city so we were able to meet up in person.  I don't have my personal computer so I can't share the photo of M and me or the lovely things she put into my gift bag.  Future post.  ;-)

A couple weeks ago I noticed that my bra was really uncomfortable.  The rubbing me red under my breasts type of uncomfortable.  Nothing I did to the bands or the straps has helped.  The little boy seems to be keeping his feet really high contributing to inner organ squishing.  This is definitley not helped by asthma issues which flare up when I go back west.  Nothing wrong with my parents house (even though my mom constantly thinks her house is always filthy, dirty and somehow stinks like cat litter ... um, I have a super allergy sniffer extra ehnhanced by pregnancy and I don't smell any such thing ... and the house is NOT dirty at all - *insert eye roll*).  Nope, this is just run of the mill exposure to allergens from the first 27 years of my life.  And since I have a short torso this is contributing to shortness of breath this week.  I'm used to getting this when my asthma flares up and I can deal with it through using some meds but this is more difficult because it won't just 'go away'.  I've got to figure out how to deal with this for 3 months.  It just freaks me out because it feels very much like a bad asthma problem even though it isn't. 

And for the first time today I had difficulty bending over to dry off after a shower.  I was able to dry off my left leg just fine but the right one?  Nope.  The boy likes hanging out on the right side and takes up too much room for me to bend over correctly.  I'm going to have to figure out a way to do that or, as my mom said tonight, let my legs air dry.  I predict my legs are going to get to gorilla stage levels of hairiness any time now if this keeps up.  Or, at least the right one will be gorilla-like and the left will be fine.  Now THAT would be one attractive pregnant lady right there ...

1 comment: