So instead of my temp going up today, it dropped. From a 97.3 to a 96.9. WTH? Really? I'm telling myself that one temperature drop doesn't mean anything but with PCOS I'm a little a.nal about the temp issues.
I called the clinic to rearrange my pregnancy test. No problem moving it back a day. I also asked if I could do a 7 dpo progesterone test to confirm ovulation. The Dr. wanted one done in December but I couldn't go due to being out of province for 3 weeks. It was a no go. I was told that because my LH bloodwork showed a surge that there was no possible way I couldn't have ovulated this cycle. Maybe the ovulation would be weak this month, but I would have o'd. Really? I didn't know that. (Insert sarcasm here.) I'm not sure how they can tell beforehand especially with rocky temperatures that are caused, no doubt, by PCOS hormone issues in my post-o phase. I'm not very happy with that.
But, on the good news front I have a new GP. Well, more like a whole clinic. My doctor, who is downtown, has been saying she wants to retire for some time now. I think she's trying to get a young doctor to take over her sole practice but I decided to be proactive and find a new one now that I'm out in the suburbs. I found a community clinic where the doctors are salaried (I'm a huge believer in that), there are nurse practitioners and other health professionals on staff, and other community services are provided right in the same clinic.
I went for my meet and greet and met the nurse practitioner who I love! I'm so excited. I'll be seeing her for most things as the meds I have to take are all things she can prescribe. I asked her about an antihistamine I can take in the 2ww and after and she ran to grab the 'pregnancy and meds' bible they use. And absolutely no judgment about attempting to become a single mom either ... which I love! So far the clinic seems really quiet but that might change once more people know it exists. But, so far so good. And I will no longer be stuck needing a prescription refill while my doc is on 5 weeks of previously unannounced vacation out of the country.
So in the end my day turned out okay. Crossing my fingers for my temp to go up again tomorrow, even by just a little.