Saturday, May 7, 2011

5 weeks

I made it to 5 weeks today, 2 days further than last time.  So far so good.  But I have to say the progesterone ooze gives me the willies.  Every time I feel it I think I should go check to see if I'm bleeding.  No bleeding, not even a little speck so I'm not complaining. ;-)

I got the call for my 1st ultrasound.  The receptionist called it my 1st OB ultrasound.  I like the sound of that.  My appointment is Thursday afternoon with a follow up right after with the head of the clinic.  I'm really hoping that this little bean is where it supposed to be and what we are supposed to see shows up.  Until the ultrasound I just have to hope this is progressing normally and that there is a growing embryo in there rather than a blighted ovum. 

The green feeling hasn't come back yet but my sense of smell is still heightened.  Food doesn't taste the same.  Even if it doesn't turn me off food isn't as tasty as it used to be.  Except for salty food.  I can always eat that without a problem.  I'm definitely tired but I can't say it is any worse yet than the fatigue I usually suffer from.  It just seems to hit earlier in the day.  My eyes have started feeling tired at noon.  And I feel tired at a normal time in the evening - I'm a night owl.  And I got tired after my shopping excursion today.

The other thing that happened today, a bit disconcerting I have to say, is that I got some serious cramping after lifting some heavy things at HD.  We have a water ban in our neighbourhood as the city works on replacing the water source to our suburb.  The main failed about 50 years early.  So I have ordered a rain barrel and need something to place it on.  Queue the cinder blocks and large paving stone.  Picking up 2 blocks and 1 stone, placing them in the cart and then my car trunk was enough to set off a lot of cramping.  Way more than I've dealt with so far.  I've forbidden myself from this kind of activity from here on out.  Someone else is going to have to do the heavy lifting.  This is one of those times I really miss having a guy around the house or at least having my parents live nearby. 

Everything seems to be fine, though.  I run the bathroom often enough to check, it seems. ;-)  No bleeding and the cramping has subsided.

2 comments:

  1. Less than a week until your first look - I know how excited and anxious you are right now! Can't wait to hear good news on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to be all zen about it but I'm definitely nervous about whether we'll see anything and whether it is in the right spot.

    Good news from me on Thursday? What about you, Shannon? That baby is being stubborn. lol I was way overdue and I seem to have turned out just fine. ;-) And my mom had a super easy & quick labour too. So hopefully you will too.

    ReplyDelete