Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I've hit a wall

Not literally, but I certainly feel like it.  I think pregnancy exhaustion has finally set in.  I just got totally exhausted this afternoon and found it really hard to work.  I was exhausted on the bus.  And I'm exhausted at home tonight.  I think I'll be heading to bed mighty early tonight. Which could be a good thing since my first French class this spring starts at 8:15 tomorrow morning.  Ugh!  Why does everyone assume all public servants start work by 8 am? 

Oh, and I'll have to duck out at 9 to call for my appointment with the nurse practitioner.  My NP is apparently on mat leave already so I'll have to see another one.  I told the receptionist why I wanted to come in and that the only day I couldn't come in over the next 2 weeks was the 19th.  She then said "well, you're not giving me much to work with."  What?  I gave you 7 days!  So because she can't fit me in on the 19th I have to call at 9 am for one of the 48 hour priority appointments, in fact the only one, available this Friday.  Because it is a longer appointment I guess they need to block off more time on the schedule.  But sheesh!  What attitude. 

The hunger and blood sugar thing is still freaking me out.  I'm having a really hard time adjusting to hunger as a sign of anything but out of control PCOS.  I bumped my lunch fruit to my afternoon snack to go along with crackers and almonds.  I thought perhaps that my lunch was a little too big with the fruit added to my homemade roast chicken, rice, green beans and broccoli.  Didn't help.  I felt weak ... really weak ... this afternoon.  Perhaps this is the early pregnancy low blood pressure that I've read about rather than an exclusive blood sugar issue? 

I can already tell that I'm going to have major issues with eating enough during pregnancy.  How the hell am I going to get an extra healthy 300 calories in daily when I already eat 5 times a day?  I just don't want the doctors yelling at me if I can't eat more.  Physically, my stomach can only handle so much.  And I've now reached the stage where no food seems appealing.  It isn't that it turns me off but I just don't want to eat it.  I know I have to but when it doesn't look or smell appealing it is a real struggle.  And I can't stand the smell of other people's food.  One of my co-workers had some kind of pasta this afternoon as a late lunch, eating it at her desk, and the whole area where our team is stank.  A month ago I'm sure it would have smelled lovely.  Today?  It just smelled. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment