Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Worst day so far

Okay, I have to say that my pregnancy has been quite easy thus far except for the anxiety thanks to my previous loss.  But what was with today? 

I didn't sleep well last night.  I thought since my body seemed to be adjusting to my new mattress it was time to try sleeping on a single pillow instead of 2.  Wrong choice.  My neck and shoulders were stiff this morning.  And I was awake by 5 am when my alarm was set for 5:30 so I could go in to work early for French class.  The sun is up way too early these days and it disturbs my sleep even with an eye mask on.  So, I start the day feeling sleep deprived.

I get around to eating breakfast, the same thing I eat every morning, and I can't finish my oatmeal.  I've been developing an aversion to the sweetness of the dried cranberries I put in there but I just couldn't finish.  Then I couldn't finish my almonds I eat for extra protein.  I couldn't finish my tea this morning.  My stomach just felt super full.  The rest of the day I had trouble eating.  I felt constantly full and couldn't finish anything I ate.  Supper?  That was a challenge but I forced myself to eat a sandwich and drink some V8. 

I also had major lower back pain and combined with the dark brown spotting I had last night and overnight I was a bit paranoid this was going to turn into something worse.  Then there was the awful 'fullness' in my pelvis that I felt every time I sat down.  Just uncomfortable.  Forget about concentrating on anything work related today.  I just felt wrong and off all day.

I know this isn't morning sickness but man, if morning sickness is way worse than this boy do I have sympathy for the women who suffer from it. 

I'm currently waiting a few minutes more for my cat's medication to kick in before I give her some canned food and I can head to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Yep, morning sickness can be a whole lot worse! I felt like you did today for all of my first trimester - thankfully never worse, but it's still not any fun. I hope this is the worst of it for you.

    ReplyDelete